Saturday, January 18, 2014

Winter Mission Trip, testimony




Hello, my name is Ismael Bartolomé Julián. I am 15 years old. I am living and study in Kingsville, Texas, at the Presbyterian Pan American School, but my parents and my younger brother are living in the city of Matamoros, Tamaulipas. I am a Mexican and I was born in Córdoba in the Veracruz state.
The purpose of writing this is to share my testimony with the mission group “Psalm 67 Missions Network.” I am a Pastor's son, and we received this amazing group two years ago. That first time was when I met with this ministry, and, most of all, Brother J. Aaron Sutton, who is an special son of God. I also met with Rick Clausel, Russ and Anita Sanders, Craig Kopp, Abigail Davis, Ellie Jackson, Gennie Jackson, and Sarah and Billy Jackson. That was a wonderful time, and I learned a little bit of English. 

The second time was this last year, 2013, in December, and I met with amazing brothers and sisters: Barbara Fudge, Julia Grayson, Mark Akins, Savannah Weber, and again Brothers Russ, Rick and Aaron. These two groups have been a blessing to our church, and I think, especially for me, because they have taught me many things, like from the most common thing as how to walk on mud, to inviting people to the church, to speaking English. 

The first time, I did not know very much English but I tried translating with my low label of English. This second time I already knew more English, because I have had a half year in this school, in where I am today.
Learning English has been a really hard experience for me, because you are far away from your family and you do not know anything about the people, the food, the nation, the education and all of that. But thanks to God, I have been overcoming those struggles. 

This last time, I was able to translate, but not completely. I think that I have to learn more, this was a great blessing and experience for me.
Clearly, I can say that the hand of God is working through each brother and sister that I met. While this last group was in our church, we visited rehabilitation centers for drug addicts, the Juvenile Detention Center and two dining homes for children that does not have food for eat. 

We witnessed many testimonies of how God has changed radically the people's lives, from being a drug addict on the streets to be a priest of the God´s Word.
All of that week was to get up at 7:30 to go bed at 11:30 and once at 1:30, paying games, talking about our testimonies and having a great fellowship.
I am very thankful with each member of the mission group Psalm 67. You all have taught me a lot, and I testify that God is working strongly with each one of you. It was a pleasure to play my violin with brother Rick, and translating for you my appreciate “gabachos”. I hope that it will not be the last time. 

Finally, I want to end with the key verse of Psalm 67: “That Your Way May Be Known on Earth, Your Saving Power Among All Nations.” Psalm 67:2
I give thanks to God for these two experiences and for each one of your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment